The Curated Internet
A traditional blog post can be thought of as residing in a network, with webpages linking to and from it.
However, if one were to naively consider every incoming and outgoing link to this webpage, it can become a bit chaotic.
This series is my humble attempt to manually curate a network (a 'roadmap') with interesting content from the internet along with my own commentary as needed.
This will hopefully serve as a compass to those who wish to navigate its treacherous seas. Click on any node in the map below to reveal its contents.
- March 10, 2023 : chatGPT and emojis
- March 11, 2023 : Zotero to Tiddlywiki
- March 13, 2023 : arxiv-shorts
- March 14, 2023 : Text Fragments
- March 15, 2023 : hoki: sed fitting, BPASS and python
- March 18, 2023 : Using chatGPT to build an online business
- March 22, 2023 : Some of the things binary stars do....
- March 23, 2023 : List of interesting digital gardens
- March 25, 2023 : gnuplot: code review
- March 28, 2023 : On GPT-4 and On-GPT-4-and-memorization
- March 30, 2023 : Reverse prompt engineering
- March 30, 2023 : chatGPT prompts
- April 20, 2023 : How Discord Stores Trillions of Messages
- April 21, 2023 : Choose Your Weapon: Survival Strategies for Depressed AI Academics
- May 05, 2023 : Python decorator: Example 1
- May 14, 2023 : Using the internet for the first time in 2023
- May 15, 2023 : The Tyranny of the Rocket Equation
- May 15, 2023 : svglue: Templating using inkscape and python
- May 15, 2023 : Socioeconomic roots of academic faculty
- May 17, 2023 : .desktop files on Ubuntu
- May 21, 2023 : globals() and creating 100 global variables at once
- May 22, 2023 : Richard Feynman’s Letter on What Problems to Solve
- May 23, 2023 : Spiral Galaxy Rotation Curve Builder
- May 24, 2023 : When universities are theme parks
- May 28, 2023 : The Dark Matter Rap
- May 29, 2023 : [papers] A measure of the excess antenna temperature
- June 05, 2023 : Isaac Asimov on technology and society
- June 10, 2023 : ElectroBOOM vs. ChatGPT: Hilariously Useless Video Ideas!
- June 28, 2023 : Data visualization using grammar of graphics and plotnine
- August 18, 2023 : Setting default applications in Ubuntu
- August 20, 2023 : Communicating and downloading data from the James Webb Space Telescope
- October 02, 2023 : matplotlib's add_axes and windows lagscreen
- October 31, 2023 : chatGPT and research abstracts
- November 19, 2023 : Devaluation of information in a consumer lifestyle society